Image: Getty Images/iStockphoto
We told you that our lack of sleep is costing the world billions of dollars. We also told you that Gen-Z might be the most hardworking people ever.
Now it's time to put the spotlight on India — a country of 1.3 billion people with 65% below the age of 35.
In short: India is tired, overworked, sleep-starved and vacation-deprived. Here are 5 stats that show India needs to up its work-like balance game:
1. Almost a quarter (22%) of Indians are concerned about being tired. That is their biggest Health concern, this report says.
Image: Shutterstock / lenetstan
2. Indian millennials reportedly spend 52 hours a week at work, the highest in the world. The average for the US is 45 and the UK is 41.
Image: Shutterstock / Elnur
3. An average employee works around 2,195 hours every year, more than those in most countries.
Image: Shutterstock / WeStudio
4. In big cities like Mumbai, some spend up to 8 hours a day commuting to-and-from work.
Image: Shutterstock / Constantin Stanciu
5. India is the 4th most vacation-deprived country in the world, as this study reveals.
Image: Shutterstock / MihaPater
Seriously India, just take a break!Topics: Business, Conversations, employee, Health & Fitness, human resources, indians, Jobs, millennials, Watercooler, Work & Play, workplace, workplace-cuture