Taraji P. Henson may have gotten an Oscar snub, but her makeup deserves an award in our opinion.
The Hidden Figures actress posed on the red carpet wearing smoldering eye makeup consisting of shimmer shadows and wispy false lashes. Drawing inspiration from Henson’s navy velvet Alberta Ferretti gown, makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff added a swipe of dark blue liner closely to the eyelids. The colored eyeliner was a refreshing departure from the expected black or brown hues.
Blown away by Henson, Yahoo Beauty tapped makeup artist and brow expert Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon to re-envision her sultry eye shadow. Then keep reading to find out which products he used for this standout Oscars look.
1. Use Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mainline to line lids and smudge with a brush, creating a smoky winged effect along upper lashes.
2. Apply Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Last Call to lids and blend out. Add Scratch (a rose gold shade) in the inner corners.
3. Layer Minx (a rich navy from the Urban Decay Full Spectrum Eyeshadow Palette) to the outer corners of upper and lower lash line.
4. Gently press Element (a peachy-pink shimmer from the Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette) onto center of lids.
5. Sweep Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Quiver along cheekbones.
6. Add a glistening touch to skin with the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette by Becca Cosmetics.
7. Go with false eyelashes like Ardell Wispies to up the drama of this red carpet-inspired makeup. They’re affordable and can be used multiple times when properly maintained.
8. To complete the look, outline and fill in lips with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Deep. Then use a brush to swipe on a medium-brown gloss (LaMar used MAC Dej Loaf Lipglass) on top for high-shine pout.
Hairstyling by Jackie Schneider.
The Most Stunning Hair and Makeup at the 2017 Oscars
The $15 Product Behind Taraji P. Henson’s Amazing Glow at 2017 Oscars
Emily Ratajkowski Wore Pearly Highlighter All Over Her Body at the Oscars
Let’s keep in touch! Follow Yahoo Beauty on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.