Published time: 13 Jun, 2017 16:08 Edited time: 13 Jun, 2017 16:13
At least 32 people were injured by a carbon monoxide leak which was triggered by a defective boiler in a New York City highrise, according to city firefighters.
The New York City Fire Department reported all injuries as “minor”, adding that the leaking pipe has been “capped” and carbon monoxide levels in the building are dropping.
The NYPD, fire department and bomb squad were deployed to the basement fire on West Broadway and Murray Street after reports of a suspicious package discovered in the basement of a 12-storey apartment building.
MORE TO FOLLOW