Photo: Courtesy of HBO.
But what would a GoT spin-off actually look like? Well, for starters, it could be a prequel, sequel, or classic spinoff. We could learn the backstory of the fan favorites or explore a little-known corner of Westeros. We could rewind millennia or focus on different plot lines in the same time-frame. Thanks to George R.R. Martin's literary genius, the options are truly endless. So, in the interest of helping move things along, we came up with a few killer ideas — you know, beyond the Everything Jon Snow show. You're welcome, HBO.
2. Brienne and Tormund's love story. Who wouldn't want to see Brienne and Tormund explore their unfulfilled romantic potential? (In a parallel universe where both parties are alive and well.)
3. The life of Khal Drogo. Admittedly, this one's for the express purpose of devoting an entire show to Jason Momoa. But wouldn't you watch? (Alternatively: The afterlife of Khal Drogo.)
4. The world of Melisandre and the Red Priestesses. The mystical, devious priestesses must have enrapturing backstories of how they came to be. We know Melisandre, for example, was born centuries ago as a slave in Essos.
5. The Golden Age of House Targaryen. We're talking about the family's magnificent three centuries in power, and the day of the dragons in all their full-fledged glory. Plus, there's bound to be some incestuous intrigue, Daenerys-Viserys style.
6. The life of Oberyn Martell. Again, we'd really just love a series revolving around Pedro Pascal. And the Red Viper certainly had his fair share of fighting and loving in Dorne. He would make a fantastic flawed hero.
7. The Lyanna Stark/Robert Baratheon/Rhaegar Targaryen triangle. The story behind R+L = J, which we saw bits of in the Tower of Joy flashback. But a show devoted to the intrigue that culminated in Robert's Rebellion? Yas please.
8. Hodor's alternate reality. In this world, Hodor is the unequivocal hero in all scenarios, and he says words other than Hodor sometimes.
9. The Long Night. In other words, the last time Winter came, 8,000 years befrore the Targaryen rule. In this generation of winter, people starved and froze Westeros while the White Walkers took over. Lovely, no?
10. The life of Olenna Tyrell. Don't you want to see how the "Queen of Thorns" honed her sharp tongue over the decades to become the baddest grandma around?
Photo: Courtesy of HBO.