This past Friday, ipsy followed up to say that they were recommending that all recipients dispose of the dry shampoo: “We’re sending this follow-up message because we’ve learned that this product is more sensitive to heat than other aerosol products. We have received reports from six customers telling us of the Luseta product bursting in their cars." We've reached out to Luseta for comment and will keep you posted once we hear back.
All customers who received the dry shampoo in their April Glam Bag will receive an additional (presumably non-flammable) item in their June mailer, but not before acknowledging that they’ve discarded the faulty can. As for the six people who experienced the explosion, well — we can only hope they’re not so traumatized they’ll never be able to look at a Glam Bag the same way again. They'd really be missing out.